Schools and districts are invited to join artlook® SWPA!
Like you, the Arts Ed Collaborative (AEC) team is getting ready for the 2022-2023 school year. Now is the time for new schools and districts to sign up for artlook® SWPA!
artlook® SWPA is a free online hub that helps educators in our region immerse young people in powerful, personally relevant arts learning opportunities. Twelve school districts and 50 arts partners have already put their arts ed offerings on the map. As artlook® SWPA grows, it will be easier for more schools, arts organizations, and teaching artists to collaborate.
How can artlook® SWPA benefit you?
- Increase opportunities for collaboration and communication
- Access data infrastructure for arts programs schoolwide
- Build and sustain strong arts programs with public accountability
- Secure partnerships and resources based on individualized school needs
- Share arts ed program information with families and the community
Interested in joining artlook® SWPA this fall?
- Review the artlook® SWPA school explainer for more information and share it with administrators and arts teachers
- Complete the commitment form no later than August 31st
- Begin identifying artlook® liaisons in each participating school
When you complete your commitment form by August 31st, the AEC team gets to work on cleaning the administrative data we already received from PDE (e.g., student demographics, arts staffing, and arts courses offered) and uploading it to your school profiles. In October, school staff will only need to add information to artlook® profiles that we cannot get elsewhere. This includes instructional minutes, partnerships, arts education needs, etc.
Thank you to Avonworth, Baldwin-Whitehall, Butler Area, California Area, Cornell, and Deer Lakes for committing to join this year. Who’s next?
Here’s to a powerful school year and to seeing you on the map soon!