Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh (CMP) serves as the fiscal sponsor for the Arts Ed Collaborative. CMP’s Board of Trustees is our legal governing body. CMP also provides fiscal oversight. Additionally, Arts Ed Collaborative seeks out other voices for strategic input. Members of the arts ed community review our programs, offer advice, and help guide our work forward.
Arts Ed Collaborative maintains connections at the local, state, and national levels.
- We are a member of the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council.
- We are a member of the Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership.
- We are a member of the Remake Learning. Yael Silk is a member of the Pittsburgh Regional STE(A)M Ecosystem, and Colin Williams is a member of the Professional Learning Collaborative Workgroup.
- We maintain a network of liaisons in local school districts, arts organizations, and higher education institutions to both disseminate and gather information.
- We are part of Citizens for the Arts in PA and work to connect with legislators.
- We are a supporter of UniSound.
- Our staff members present at and attend state- and local-level conferences and events for Pennsylvania Art Education Association, Pennsylvania Music Educators Association, and Pennsylvania State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance.
- We work with the Pennsylvania Department of Education on various initiatives; past initiatives have included the roll-out of the PA Academic Standards for the Arts and Humanities and work on the state’s Student Learning Objectives (SLO) initiative.
- We are a member of Citizens for the Arts in Pennsylvania.
- We are a member of the advisory council of the Arts Education Partnership (AEP) as well as one of AEP’s partner organizations. Yael Silk became a member of AEP’s Equity Working Group in August 2018.
- We are a member of Americans for the Arts (AftA). Yael Silk was selected for AftA’s local arts education network steering committee beginning in January 2019.
- We are a member of the National Guild for Community Arts Education.
- We are an affiliate of Young Audiences Arts for Learning.