Leadership Academy Announcements
On Friday, April 8, 2022, the Arts Ed Collaborative (AEC) team had the pleasure of celebrating the 2021 Leadership Academy cohort with a culminating session full of action plan presentations, remarks from Shaunda McDill (The Heinz Endowments), and of course – artmaking. Congratulations to Devon Dill, Becky Gaugler, Parag Gohel, Bradley Hill, Erik Kolodziej, Chari Lyons, Ja’Sonta Roberts, Jennifer Schaupp, Linsey Scherloum, and Quaishawn Whitlock for all you accomplished individually and together this year!
Arts Ed Collaborative’s Leadership Academy is a 10-month professional learning program that weaves together culturally responsive practices, leadership skills, and action planning. The program is co-facilitated by AEC’s Anqwenique Kinsel and Yael Silk and features a variety of guest experts. 2022 Leadership Academy is just around the corner, beginning with our 2022 Summer Institute. We are thrilled to announce that the lineup for these exciting 4 days is now complete!
Summer Institute at a Glance (July 25-28, 2022):
- Participants will gather for two days at Ohringer Arts in Braddock followed by two days at YMCA’s Lighthouse Project in Homewood
- Day 1: delve into personal leadership style and the importance of knowing where we come from with master teaching artist Celeta Hickman
- Day 2: learn about the systems and structures that impact arts education with Nina Unitas of Pittsburgh Public Schools
- Day 3: experience the power of maintaining your personal creative practice with artist Christiane Leache
- Day 4: explore how to develop counter-narratives that promote change with 1Hood Media’s Farooq Al-Said
Each participant wraps up the summer with a draft action plan of their choosing and heads into a school year full of powerful learning opportunities including the ACTIVATE Arts Learning Conference on 10.10.22. Are you ready to learn more, refer a friend, or apply? Go to artsedcollab.org/work/leadershipacademy/ for more program details, dates, sliding scale registration, and the application link.
Application deadline for the 2022 Leadership Academy cohort is Monday, May 16, 2022.