Arts Ed Collaborative seeks a Core Teaching Artist with a passion for building and administering new projects and initiatives! This teaching artist will support our work with the Creative Learning Network (CLN).
The Creative Learning Network is anchored by Arts Ed Collaborative, Allegheny Partners for Out-of-School Time (APOST), and the Legacy Arts Project, and is generously supported by The Heinz Endowments. Since March 2020, the Creative Learning Network has provided paid opportunities for teaching artists and #ArtsLearningAtHome content for learners, families, and educators in Southwestern PA.
About this position
- Temporary, part-time, independent contractor position.
- Approximately 10-15 hours a week, working remotely through April 2021.
- Compensation is $40/hr.
- Attend weekly virtual meetings with the CLN core team to share updates and receive assignments
- Connect with teaching artist applicants to support moving them through the review process via phone, email, etc. For example, calling to request additional information or verify qualifications, connect with tech support staff, follow up with partial applications, assist with lesson planning
- Update and maintain accuracy of the Creative Learning Rapid Response (CLRR) google drive documents.
- Create and share posts on the CLN social platforms promoting the network, teaching artist content, professional learning opportunities, partner programs, and other relevant content. Use current, site-specific best practices with attention to audience engagement.
- Share information between various team members and organizations in a transparent and timely manner
- Update progress on tasks and maintain communications with the AEC team
- Schedule, host and manage Zoom calls for the CLN, AEC teams and teaching artists
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working in groups and collaborating with diverse team members to achieve results
- Teaching artist with a history of providing arts experiences for youth and working with organizations and/or schools
- Knowledge of culturally responsive/sustaining pedagogy and practices
- Navigating and operating social media platforms
- Ease using Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Zoom
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Organized and able to multi-task
- All PA state clearances
To APPLY please send résumé/CV to:
Anqwenique Kinsel, director of programs
Arts Ed Collaborative