Activating Arts Learning Together
That’s a wrap! We are closing the books on 2022, taking stock, slowing down, and getting ready for the new year. Here are some of the highlights we are celebrating:
- More than 150 schools and 60 arts partners are now on artlook® SWPA. Learn about arts education in our region and use the search filters to find new arts partners.
- In October, we convened our annual ACTIVATE Arts Learning Conference and collaborated with more than 100 arts educators, facilitators, and performers.
- We facilitated professional learning in Burrell School District, Duquesne City School District, Pittsburgh Public Schools, Propel Schools, and Sto-Rox School District. Armstrong and Woodland Hills, we’ll see you in January!
- Two local teaching artists earned their Teaching Artist Credential through Young Audiences Arts for Learning with support from AEC. Stay tuned for the next round of applications in the Fall of 2023.
- We established a partnership with the Allegheny Intermediate Unit to support new arts teachers enrolled in their Induction program and to design a Cultural Awareness module for all participants.
- We evaluated the RampUp Fellowship – a joint initiative between Assemble and The Legacy Arts Project to support emerging teaching artists in Pittsburgh.
- We published a playbook that lays out a path for teaching artists to work as substitute teachers. This approach will increase arts learning during the school day, diversify the teacher workforce, and create new job opportunities for teaching artists.
- We contributed to the Pittsburgh Learning Collaborative’s 2022 Budget Book. Check out page 8 for Arts Ed Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) funding recommendations.
This month, we are taking time to connect as a team, review our strategic plan implementation, and prepare for 2023. We are also really looking forward to spending time off with friends and family. Upon our return we will do what we do best – collaborate with all of you to unlock the transformative power of the arts. Interested in learning more about our programs and collaborating next year? Check out our refreshed artlook® SWPA profile and get in touch!