Another calendar year is coming to a close. As we slow down for winter break, let’s take a moment to reflect and celebrate. In case you missed it, AEC said goodbye to our downtown digs in June. We happily moved into Carnegie Museum of Art, where we’ve embraced new resources and people to support our mission.
Check out more 2023 highlights!
- artlook® SWPA continues to grow each year, now including 176 schools and 74 partners. This fall, we partnered with Carnegie Mellon University’s Heinz College graduate students to explore how AEC can report out artlook® data to better support arts education in our region.
- We collaborated with Carnegie Museum of Art and the Office for Public Art to provide evaluation consulting services for ongoing projects and began new work with The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust and the Maxo Vanka Murals in Millvale
- In August, we celebrated 20 years of Leadership Academy with our 23-24 cohort and alumni. Stay tuned for more alumni activities in 2024!
- Bradley Hill represented AEC at national conferences including the Arts Education Partnership Conference in Portland and Arts Administrators of Color Network National Convening in Chicago.
- October’s ACTIVATE Arts Learning Conference at the August Wilson African American Cultural Center marked AEC’s 25th anniversary. Over 100 arts educators gathered to learn from presenters like Echoes of the Four Directions, Jamie Kasper (Arts Education Partnership) Quanice Floyd (National Guild for Community Arts Education), and more!
- Common Cause Consulting and Denmark Sussex led planning and evaluation projects respectively to help AEC, Assemble, BOOM Concepts, Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council, Legacy Arts Project, Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild, Remake Learning, and The Heinz Endowments reimagine the Creative Learning Network.
- Bradley Hill earned a promotion to Program Manager and Gen Pietrusinski joined our team as AEC’s new Program Coordinator.
We feel grateful to have had these and many more opportunities to unlock the transformative power of the arts with you. Do you have ideas for a 2024 project or collaboration? Reach out to our team in January so we can talk it through!