Arts Ed Collaborative (AEC) invites new SWPA school districts and schools to join artlook® SWPA — a free online hub created to help educators in our region immerse young people in powerful, personally relevant arts learning opportunities. This publicly available and searchable map is the only one of its kind in Pennsylvania, combining arts education data from schools, arts organizations, and teaching artists.
We are thrilled that twelve school districts put their arts ed offerings on the map in our inaugural year, including Duquesne City, Franklin Regional, Propel Schools, South Fayette, and Woodland Hills. Over 50 arts partners also joined to share their unique areas of expertise and program offerings with local schools.
New to artlook® SWPA and want to use it right away?
Interested in joining artlook® SWPA this fall?
- Learn more here and start sharing this information with district administrators, school leaders, and arts teachers
- Identify potential artlook® SWPA liaisons in each participating school — these are the people who will work with AEC’s support to set up your school profiles
- Complete the commitment form by August 31, 2022 and an AEC team member will follow up to get the ball rolling
- Spring/summer: Conduct school district outreach, identify artlook® SWPA liaisons, and complete commitment form
- Early fall: AEC absorbs available administrative data (e.g., arts teachers, arts courses, student demographics, etc.) into school artlook® SWPA profiles, artlook® SWPA liaisons and administrators receive their login information
- October: artlook® SWPA school portal opens, liaisons complete survey information to enhance available administrative data, AEC offers live and asynchronous technical assistance
- November-February: AEC conducts QA and finalizes profiles with liaisons
We can’t wait to see you on the map!