Collaborative protocol for looking at student work
- Reviewers silently view the student work with no context (presenting teacher does not share any information about the assignment, the class, or the student in advance).
- Reviewers share observations about the work.
- Reviewers raise questions about the work and the student.
- Reviewers discuss evidence of standards being addressed and evidence of student learning.
- Presenting teacher responds to what s/he heard from colleagues up to this point.
- Presenting teacher and reviewers discuss how to further engage and challenge the student. This conversation begins with the presenting teacher presenting a challenge and/or idea and invites specific suggestions from colleagues.
- Presenting teacher and reviewers reflect on the specific conversation and on the process overall.
This protocol was adapted from work by Project Zero.